Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Playoff Game Tonight!

Can the Reds pull the upset over the Phillies?

Tonight, the Reds will play their first playoff game since 1995. They have a tough matchup, taking on the highly successful Philadelphia Phillies.

The Reds seem to have been already counted out by many people from the media, from the opposition, and even from some of their own fans. But not this Reds fan! It reminds me of 1990. The Oakland A's were supposed to wipe the floor with Cincinnati, and what happened, the Reds won it all!

Now to be honest, I think they've got a tough road ahead of them. Not only to actually make it to the World Series, but to even win this 5-game series against Philadelphia. But hey, that's why they play, because you never know who will win or lose. I feel that Joey Votto, Jay Bruce, and company, will play their best baseball, not only because of the passion, but because of the enthusiasm of finally making it back to the playoffs. I think that the Phillies will give the Reds a tough time, and it'll be a knock-down, drag-out fight, but I have to stand by my Redlegs!

2 comments:

  1. How weird is it our teams in so far 2 sports Ncaa football and MLB play each other. Cardinals fan here. Wish ya luck as my wife is a Reds fan but after watching the top story being Halladay throwing that no-hitter that's gotta be a downer for the Reds. 1st time since 71 that's happened in a playoff game unless I read that wrong. The Reds had a pretty good year and it's not over yet. Guess I just get a kick out of it because they have some ex Cardinals in Rolen,Ankiel,etc but whatever works I'm happy for them. I can still remember back to the Red machine and they were fun to watch. Good luck in the playoffs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yeah, that was really tough to watch. The Reds definitely need to play a lot better to win in the playoffs!

    ReplyDelete